Expert Qualification Checklist
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- ☐ Identify area of expertise being proposed and the date of notice under s. 657.3(3).
- ☐ Describe mandate or terms of engagement.
- ☐ Describe records and reports received and relied upon.
- ☐ Experience and training that provides special knowledge to area of expertise
- ☐ In reviewing evidence, the special knowledge was used to form opinion re [list conclusions]
- DUTIES AS EXPERT
- ☐ Understands duty to be unbiased, independent and impartial throughout involvement with case.
- ☐ Began work with any preconceived conclusions that would bias results
- ☐ Any belief of guilt for any offences
- ☐ Any interest in the outcome that would render witness partial
- ☐ Any pressures put upon witness by any parties, including employer, to have certain results or opinion
- ☐ Outline the nature of the opinion and evidence they rely upon for the opinion.