Firearms and other weapon offences is set out in Part III of the Criminal Code.
Lawful possession of firearms is governed by the Firearms Act.
On April 5, 2012, the Long-Gun Registry was eliminated removing the requirement that non-restricted firearms be registered.
- Use of Firearm in Commission of an Offence (85)
- Unsafe Storage of a Firearm (86)
- Pointing a Firearm (87)
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose (88)
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon (90)
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm (91)
- Possession of Unauthorized Firearm (92)
- Possession of a Restricted or Prohibited Firearm (95)
- Weapons Trafficking (99, 100)
- Possession of a Weapon Contrary to an Order (117.01)
There are also several offence that include a weapon as an essential element:
- Assault with a Weapon (267)
- Assault Peace Officer with a Weapon (270 to 270.02)
- Sexual Assault with a Weapon (272(1))
- Robbery with a Firearm