- Definition of participant
715.25 (1) In this section, participant means any person, other than an accused, an offender, a witness, a juror, a judge or a justice, who may participate in a proceeding.
- Participation by audioconference or videoconference
(2) Except as otherwise provided in this Act, the court may allow a participant to participate in a proceeding by audioconference or videoconference, if the court is of the opinion that it would be appropriate having regard to all the circumstances, including
- (a) the location and personal circumstances of the participant;
- (b) the costs that would be incurred if the participant were to participate in person;
- (c) the nature of the participation;
- (d) the suitability of the location from where the participant will participate;
- (e) the accused’s right to a fair and public hearing; and
- (f) the nature and seriousness of the offence.
(3) [Repealed, 2022, c. 17, s. 47]
(4) [Repealed, 2022, c. 17, s. 47]
(5) Unless the court orders otherwise, a party who has a participant participate by audioconference or videoconference shall pay any costs associated with the use of that technology.
2019, c. 25, s. 292;
2022, c. 17, s. 47.